Search

Friday, July 18, 2014

Week 1 Meal Plan :-3

This week's been amazing! The more and more we eat the more confident I am that We can totally do this! The picture down below is Week one's meal plan (And my original shopping list, I like to write down next to the items I get how much they are to help me calculate as i'm walking around. The items highlighted in green are items I had in my kitchen already)


(Side Note: The Chicken breast we buy are HUGE too big for us to really eat so before I put them in the freezer I cut them in half horizontally. Which not only doubles how much chicken I have, it also means no left over chicken that's being fed to the dogs)

Monday: Camron and I have a weakness for Velveeta Skillet dinners... It's pretty much a currency in our house. Our favorite is the Chicken w/ cheddar and broccoli. We had it with a side of lettuce topped with ranch and some cucumbers on mine.

Tuesday: Homemade Pizza night!!! I have a yeast-less pizza dough recipe that I love since I am HORRIBLE with yeast. We had pepperoni, bacon, green peppers, and spaghetti sauce (From Pantry)  on top. Yum!
Wednesday: Crock Pot Chili. Camron is not a fan of diced or any tomatoes so I used  a can of tomato sauce instead so there was no chunks.
Thursday: Just a simple Chicken taco night. Followed the recipe on the back of the seasoning packet. Had re-fried beans, shredded cheese, sour cream, and some hot sauce. I had a packet of Mexican rice in the cupboard that I served with it as well. 

Friday: Grilled cheese and Tomato Soup. Pretty easy.

Saturday: It's my break day from cooking! Camron and I have sandwiches for dinner with some left over tomato soup.

Sunday: Breaded Chicken with a can of corn. (I'll post my recipe once I decide on one. Luckily it's not Sunday yet!)

For Lunches It's been a mix of Tuna and Mayo with some carrots and other veg on the side to snack, Soups, sandwiches, left overs.

Breakfasts have been easy. Just a cup of coffee with maybe some toast, a bagel, or nothing because I get caught up in something else.

It's been fun. Keeping track of our meals. Checking off the days and still seeing plenty of food left for next week. Not sure how week 3 will end. I'll have a better idea half way through week 2 :)
Please feel free to ask questions, post your own cheap meal ideas, or just comment! 

Have a good weekend!

Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment