Search

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

DIY Cardboard Headboard

Today, about 3, I decided that I was going to something that I've wanted/wanted to do for MONTHS. I've  been wanting a headboard for a looonnnggg time. Just wasn't really something that we could just throw money at. To be honest it's a frivolous item that is honestly for only aesthetic purposes. And spending something like $50 or more dollars on it is really something I don't have to throw around easily. SO I made one!
You can find the blog I got the idea from HERE. Now I was really bad and didn't take step by step pictures. Which is something I'll need to remember to work on.
Her over all cost was $30. Mine only cost me around $20.
List of materials we used:
- cardboard ($0)
- 2 yards of quilt batting ($6)
- tape, packing or duct
- staple gun ($13)
- 2 yards of fabric ($5)


For stencils I also used some baking bowls like the blogger did. It really helps!

I used 2 big boxes that i stacked on top of each other and taped together so I could cut and draw on them easily. I wanted the head board to have some girth and the 2 boxes helped.

I later went back and spent another $5 on similar fabric and made matching pillow cases. I found that 1 yard of fabric is the exact length X width as a king size pillow case weather you fold it one way or the other. I found folding it hot-dog was more to my taste.
Now I walk into my bedroom and feel instant pride in myself seeing my beautiful headboard and matching pillows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment